Seconded National Experts

If you are employed by a European public-sector body, you can temporarily work at EMA through the national expert on secondment (SNE) programme for a minimum of six months and up to four years.

During your secondment at EMA, you will be working at EMA’s office together with all EMA colleagues. However, you will remain in the service of your employer and not be employed by EMA.

SNEs serve a dual role: they bring their expertise to EMA and take back to their home administration the knowledge acquired during their period of secondment.

To be able to apply for a secondment programme, you must:

  • be employed in the public sector (such as a university, research institute, public hospital or regulatory body) in a European Union (EU) Member State;
  • have at least three years’ work experience;
  • have a thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and satisfactory knowledge of a second language.

For more information, see: